January 15, 2009

It's baaaack...


And not a moment too soon! In the word of Ryan Seacrest, "THIS...is American Idol."

Yay...American Idol!! I love it, I love it, I love. Why? Who knows. Is it my secret crush on Simon (it's the accent), the fact that I used to dance around the living room to Paula, or hoping that the next season might find someone as wonderful as Kelly Clarkson?

I don't know, I just know I love it. Last year I fell completely head over heals for Jason Castro - he was just so cute and adorable - so I was watching with much anticipation that I could find someone this year to fall head over heals for.

Well the first night (in Phoenix) the only person that stood out to me was the "bikini girl." She stood out because I wanted to punch her (sorry mom but I did). Ridiculous is all I can say. The new judge, Kara, was right on target when she said the girl had no swing. I only hope that the guys put her through to because she would make great TV watching during Hollywood week when she can't hang.

Speaking of the new judge, I was a little leary but after 2 nights of her, she rocks! She is going to make this season great.

On to Kansas City, MO...low and behold, who do we see but JASON CASTRO. Evidently, his brother decided that 20 days before the audition, if Jason can sing so can I and decided to try out. They put him through and I only hope this means getting another eyeful of Jason in the upcoming episodes.


Last night was much better and there is another guy that I fell head over heals for, Danny Gokey, whose wife died four weeks before the audition. All I could think is please let him not suck, and he was awesome. Even Joe liked him.


I can't wait for the rest of the auditions to wrap up as I am starting to like Hollywood week more but I can't wait for the top 12. I hope that Danny is one of them. Oh yeah, did I mention he is from Milwaukee too? Maybe that's what the draw is...

1 comment:

sal said...

ok, ok, i may be watching idol this year ~ after all ~ every time you turn around someone is talking about the awful economy (we all know it) so, i need some type of entertainment to laugh a little, i guess. (really, i do miss dancing with the stars) yes, i know, i could be watching discovery channel, etc, etc. to be learning something ~ but ya know, i'm gonna laugh a while & see if there is any talent out there ~ look at carrie underwood, she's bypassing everyone & she's COUNTRY!!!! :) :) :) :) love ya:)