January 30, 2009

Helpful Tips


Peppers - Thanks to Mom and Dad I learned this great little way to keep peppers on hand.

I love red, yellow or orange peppers but I always buy too many at a time and they end up going bad. What I now do (thanks to Mom and Dad) is when I buy peppers (especially if they are on sale) right when I get home, I cut them into slices, place on a cookie sheet and freeze.

Once the slices are frozen, I put them in a plastic bag and store them in the freezer. Then, when a recipe calls for peppers, I just take whatever I need out of the bag. Super easy!!

Chicken - Thanks to Sandy

Over Christmas, I was planning on making chicken soup and Sandy had told me to buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, and use that in my soup to make it quick and a lot easier!

It works fabulous and if I have chicken left over, I throw it in a freezer bag and it's great to use for more soup later or enchiladas, etc.

No comments: