October 28, 2008

Joe's new job

One week from tomorrow, I will have my husband back. Joe accepted a new job last Wednesday and starts on Monday, November 10th. His new title will be Corporate Executive Chef and I am not really sure what he will be doing but his hours are Monday through Friday 7 am - 3pm.

So what does this mean for us? Well first, I have to give up the boyfriends that I have acquired throughout the last year and a friend of ours says she gives us one month before Joe or I file for divorce, although she did assure me that she was just kidding. The funny thing was, when I told Joe what she said, he laughed and wondered how long it will take him to annoy me.

You see, as much as I miss not having Joe around Monday through Friday, I have gotten so used to being alone and having my own space I do wonder how quickly we'll get on each others nerves.

Well, I got a glimpse last night and I think everything will be ok. Joe had yesterday off (gasp!) because another manager is on vacation so he will have to work everyday from today through his last day, November 5th. ICK!

So back to last night...

I got home about 4:45ish or so and there my husband was - slaving over a hot stove for me! I can't tell you the last time he cooked for me and man was it good! Call me crazy but all of a sudden I don't think I will be that annoyed at having my husband home with me now.

1 comment:

sal said...

i am so pleased & happy for you guys :) :) :) :) joe ~ no more weekends ~~ hip, hip hooray :) :) :) love ya guys,