October 23, 2008

Harbor View Cafe

At work there are four of us who try to have a "ladies night" once a month which consists of dinner, maybe some drinks and lots of conversation. About a year ago we took off on an adventure to a purse party in Durand, WI and stopped in Pepin, WI at this little restaurant called Harbor View Cafe.

Amazing - and I have wanted to take Joe there ever since. Well last Saturday we acted like an old married couple and took off for Pepin, WI which is about an hour and a half drive. God bless Joe for putting up with me on that drive. I was snapping pictures left and right and making him pull over at "Historical markers" so that I could take more.

I have been up here 5 years and this is by far one of the prettiest falls that I remember. Here are a few photos of the drive


Now, I knew that Harbor View was a pretty popular place to eat. It's only open part of the year and doesn't open until 5 pm and doesn't take reservations. I figured if we got there by 4:15ish, we'd be set. Oh was I wrong. We got there at 4:15 all right and Joe went to put our name on the list. He came back saying that we wouldn't be seated until 6:30!
What to do in a town of 400? Well mosey on down to The Pickle Factory for a couple drinks where Joe finally got to try New Glarus Spotted Cow beer!!!

Harbor View was still packed at 6:30 but we were seated promptly and had an amazing dinner. If you are ever around Pepin, WI stopping at the Harbor View is a must!

1 comment:

sal said...

joe you are one heck of a guy :) :) glad you guys had a fun time ~~ but, you gotta let us know what you both had to eat :) :) :)
love ya guys