October 23, 2008

Congratulations Kari and Bryan

I was in Boston on Sunday, October 5th for work and was in an all day certification course. At the lunch break I saw that I had a missed call from Kari. When I was finished with the course and getting ready to meet the group for dinner, there was another missed call.

Now that is pretty unusual - we can go forever without talking so if one of us keeps calling the other, it's usually for a pretty big reason. I thought either she's mad at Bryan or she got engaged.
I was on a time crunch so I made a mental note to call her after dinner since I was heading to the lobby to meet the group. Well after dinner, on my way to my room, there was another call from her this time with a voicemail. Yes! She had just gotten engaged!!!!!


Congratulations!! Kari and I have been friends since 7th grade. We used to talk during reading class and the teacher would yell at her and say, "Kari - Brooke can talk and still answer the questions, why can't you?" or something to that effect and what can I say, Kari still wanted to be friends.

We've been through lots together and she is the one person that I know will always be there for me no matter how far away I move as long as I keep vacationing with her.

I am thrilled that she has found someone besides me who can tell her that she is being completely insane and to knock it off and she'll actually listen!

Bryan and Kari, I couldn't be happier for you both. I can't wait until 2010!!!

1 comment:

sal said...

love that kari :)