July 23, 2012

Spaghetti Casserole

I love Pinterest!! I love, love, love, love it! It's a great place to look for recipes, beauty DIY and crafts. Another perk is that I now have more blogs to follow.

Joe loves my spaghetti and I love pasta casseroles for Mateo but Joe does not. When I made this recipe I told Joe specifically, it's for you to feed your son - you don't have to eat it. Imagine my surprise when Joe helped himself and raved about it.

The orignal recipe can be found here. Because I'm lazy (especially in the summer) I try to take as many short cuts as possible. You could add cooked onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc - I just didn't have any on hand. Below is my version.

Ingredients:
1/2 box of spagehtti
1 1/2 jars spagehtti sauce (I used Hunts)
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup parmesean cheese (divided)
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 tsp garlic
1 cup (more or less) French fried onions
Orgeno
Red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.

Brown and drain the ground beef. Cook the pasta noodles al dente and drain. I break the noodles into rougly 2 or 3 inch pieces. Set aside.

Add the sauce, cream cheese, oregno (a couple dashes), red pepper flakes (dash), and garlic to the pan with the beef. Once the cream cheese has melted add 1/4 of the parmesean and then add the noodles.

Spray a 9x13 pan and add the sauce/noodle mixture. Top with mozzarella, the rest of the parmesean and the french fried onions. Bake until the cheese is melted and the onions are browned. You could serve with a salad and some artisan bread...YUM!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks good! I have a baked spaghetti that we love! I will have to give you that recipe!