July 8, 2012

Frozen Hot Chocolate

What is a perfect dessert for hot a summer day?? Frozen hot chocolate sounds good to me. My sister tried it and raved about it so I thought I'd give it a shot while we were in the middle of our heat wave this past week. It was amazing!!

Ingredients
3 tbsp sugar
1 packet hot cocoa mix
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup choclate chips
1 can evaporated milk (divided)
5 cups ice cubes (may need more)
Whipped cream
Chocolate sauce
Chocolate shavings/mini marshmellow bits


Directions:
In a saucepan over low heat melt chocolate chips, butter, sugar and cocoa mix.



Once it has melted, add 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Stir until mixed well. Cool - I actually put the mixture into the freezer to cool down quicker - I have very little patience for chocolaty goodness.



Once cool, add 2 1/2 cups of ice, 1/2 of the chocolate mixture and 1/2 of what is left of the evaporated milk. Blend until smooth.


Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Next, put your feet up and crank the AC!



2 comments:

Shan said...

I'm going to pretend that I never saw this. It's going to be hard, because I'm simultaneously planning an early morning shopping trip to the grocery store as soon as the girls and I are up tomorrow morning. Yowza, that looks good!

nana said...

nice to see you blogging ~ :) let's see some "artistic" work from that cute little grandson of ours ~~ you know, the couch, the doors, etc. ~~ loves, :)