July 25, 2012

Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread

Last fall I came across a recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread. It is amazing and I can't wait for fall so I can document how I make mine.

So anyway, I was in the mood to bake and I had cream cheese but no pumpkin because its summer (I really only buy it in the fall/winter) but I had frozen blueberries. I came across this recipe for lemon blueberry yogurt loaf and decided to combine the two. I used the loaf recipe from the lemon blueberry (minus the lemon because I didn't have any) and used the filling recipe from the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread recipe.

It made a large loaf and a small loaf. We (read Mateo and Joe) ate the large loaf in one day. I doubt the small loaf will last any longer.

Ingredients
Bread
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup yogurt (I used vanilla)
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen

Filling
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions
Preaheat oven to 350.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl combine yogurt, sugar, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil. Slowly add the dry ingredients from the medium bowl to the large bowl and stir together. Add the blueberries.

In the medium bowl that is now empty, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.

Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray. Divide the bread mixture in half and add to the loaf pans. Divide the cream cheese mixture in half and put on top of each loaf batter. Mix in the cream cheese mixture with a knife or spoon. The marbling when using the pumpkin recipe is gorgeous. Can't really tell with this one. :)



Bake until the tops of the loafs are golden - about an hour give or take.

1 comment:

Shan said...

That looks delicious. We're doing brunch for Fynnie's birthday and I might have to try it out this weekend to see if it should be added to the menu.