September 17, 2011

Bubble Up Pizza

About a month or so ago my sister and mom introduced me to Pintrest. It's a neat site and is growing pretty fast so their platform is a bit slow (and annoying at times) but its great to find recipes or other decorating ideas.

Anyway, I've become horribly addicted and have found some great recipes. Here is the original recipe but I've changed it a bit. The main thing, instead of baking in a 9x13 and using two cans of biscuits, I'd use one can and bake in an 8x8 or something similar because the middle didn't get done and was still a bit doughy, yet the outside was completely done.

If you want to make a double batch, I would bake in two 8x8 dishes, rather than one 9x13 pan to ensure the middle cooks and the edges don't burn.

Ingredients (for an 8x8 dish)
1 can refrigerated biscuits
1 jar pizza sauce (15 oz) - I used 2 jars as Joe likes sauce
Mozzarella or pizza blend cheese
1/2 ground beef/italian sausage
diced pepperoni
sliced mushrooms

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Cook meat until no longer pink.
  3. Slice "toppings" (mushrooms, peppers, onions - whatever you choose)
  4. Cut uncooked biscuits into quarters (or smaller)
  5. Combine biscuits and pizza sauce in bowl. Add meat, half of cheese and rest of toppings.
  6. Transfer to 8x8 greased pan
  7. Top with remaining cheese
  8. Bake at 375 for  25-30 minutes or until biscuits are done
I really, really liked this recipe. I started thinking and you could totally do a taco version which I'm going to try next time.

PS - If you want an invite to pintrest, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks great! :) Mmmm! L.O.V.E that website! I just made some pumpkin crafts today!! :)

Jenny said...

Yeah, I've been avoiding Pinterest for that reason! I'll count on you two to share the good stuff!