April 20, 2009

This past weekend...

Was probably the busiest since Todd and Anna's wedding in September. To start things off, it was Aunt Mary's birthday on Thursday!! Happy belated birthday!! Love you!

Joe had off on Friday so he did some work tearing down and building shelves for the garage. He also patched some of the foundation where there were big cracks and water was leaking in.

I came home from work and decided to make meatballs for spaghetti. Normally I just make a meat sauce but something made me go through the work of meatballs. It was actually quite therapeutic and they were very tasty.

Saturday morning I cleaned while Joe napped and then went to my friend Abby's jewelry party that she booked from my party! I got to see their house which is adorable and hang out with some friends. Then it was back home by 5 to go to dinner and then the Chris Cornell concert at the Myth in Maplewood.

None of Joe's other friends wanted to go so he decided to take me. April had seen Chris perform a while ago in Vegas at the Hard Rock and said he put on a great show. Well, he put on another great show Saturday night and it was nice to have a "date" with my hubby.

Sunday I cooked and baked and Joe actually made a pork roast! I swung past Anna's in the afternoon to do a jewelry drop and then met Carrie at Caribou (nice little tongue twister) for a jewelry/beauticontrol swap. Carrie just started as a BeautiControl consultant so I am having a pampering party on May 8th. If you're free, come on over - it starts at 7 pm. I love, love, love their products and can't say enough good things about them. I just hope that none of my other friends start selling anything for a while. I need a break!

Here is Carrie's website in case you want to order, and if you want to book or throw your own party, let me know and I'll give you her contact info as well.

Also, the best news of the weekend - the garage no longer leaks (it rained on Sunday)!! The roof didn't leak and neither did the foundation! Way to go honey!!!

No comments: