April 29, 2009

Impromtu Family Reunion

This past Friday Joe and I decided to hop in the car and drive to Mom and Dad's (Sally and Scott's). We got to mom and dad's about 6 pm, had a couple beers and dinner with Amy and Luke too.

About 7ish, the 6 of us decided to walk up to RJ's (I mean Sammy's) to listen to Brian play. Along the way we saw Doug and Deanna (Danielle - where were you??) and then ran into Uncle Mike and Aunt Ginger who had the same idea as us.

Mom and Amy yelled to them and ran up ahead to have them wait for us and then the 8 of us continued to RJ's (I mean Sammy's). We saw Brian (who looks fantastic! Amy and I love the beard!) and then later on Stephanie and Troy walked in, then a few minutes later Uncle Artie and Aunt Lori walked in. Then a little later, birthday girl Sara (Happy belated 21!!!) walked in with Jason!!!

Brian and his band were awesome and I loved their music! It was great to see everyone and the Brewers won too!

On Saturday, Joe and Dad chauffeured Mom to Kohl's and some other places while I took off to kick it with Grandma Lu. After about two hours of putting up with me she told me that I should go and "visit with my mom." LOL! THAT comment rocked!

Later in the afternoon Mary and Keith came over and a they (mom, dad, Keith and Joe) were on a mission to re-create the bloody mary's from someones wedding a long time ago (mind you - this was after a few beers and some slush).

Well, I think it was Keith that figured it out - the secret is horseradish. Yep, mom gulped hers down while Joe did the same with his as he announced, "I think I'm buzzing." About an hour later, all 5 (no Lukie) of us were fast asleep on the couches watching Twister.

Joe and I left around 11, after one more stop to Grandma Lu's to drop off her birthday card (Happy belated birthday Lu!!!) and we began the drive home which was fine until we got past the Dells and then it was torrential rains (or what seemed like) the rest of the way.

It's nice to be back home in St. Paul but I already miss everyone. It was a great weekend and I don't think I have seen Sally let loose like that since our engagement when she was drinking champagne from the bottle!!

I will post pics from the weekend as soon as I get them (ahem, Amy!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah woah woah.... no mention of seeing your FAVORITE ET friend while you were at Sammy's!? I can't believe that wasn't the highlight of your night! Ha ha. ;)

It was great to see you again and hope that you have more impromptu reunions!
Cheryl