September 6, 2012

Family Values

Joe and all his buddies love to camp - I on the other hand think staying in a Motel 6 is camping...no offense to Motel 6.

For as many years as I can remember, the first weekend in August is the Family Values Camping Trip. All the guys (Travis, Terry, Todd) and their families get together and camp for the weekend. I've gone only once before where I've camped and last year Mateo and I went just for the day.

This year we stayed Friday night and all day Saturday. I took the day off work on Friday to pack and get the food ready for the trip and man - I had no idea how much work goes into that. The weather was beautiful but some big storms rolled in Friday night. I don't think I've ever said so many 'Our Father's' and 'Hail Mary's' in my whole life. I could hear tornado sirens and it was awful. Of course, Mateo and Joe slept right through it.

Saturday we played around the campsites, napped and took a walk to the falls. We headed home about 5 pm, unpacked, started laundry, ordered a pizza and were in bed by 7:45 :)

Surprisingly, I cannot wait until next year!







2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww what a good pup Stella is! Taye seemed to like her! :)

Shan said...

We love camping, but we haven't been in over a year (that's just wrong!). As much as I love it, I've come to realize that the first night I am usually spooked by everything once we're in our tent. So one night of camping wouldn't be a great thing for me.