September 18, 2012

Cooking Calendar - and updated recipe

I came across a pin on Pinterest that linked to a blog post about meal planning. I read it and thought - I can do better. No - I'm not going to bore anybody with the details of what I did (unless you guys really want to know - if you do, let me know) but I planned out our meals for the rest of September and into the first week in October.

During this recipe/planning search, I decided the Loaded Potato and Chicken Casserole recipe should be tried again. The first (and only) time I made it we thought it was far too oily. Well I tried it again on Saturday and this time I omitted the oil except for a drizzle in the beginning to help the potatoes roast. Once they were roasted, I moved them to a plate lined with paper towel to drain, washed the pan and then once it was closer to dinner time, threw the potatoes and chicken back in the pan, baked about 10 minutes, drained out some more oil, then threw on the bacon, cheese and green onion and finished baking.

This turned out so much better!! Both Joe and I were amazed. I've updated the recipe to reflect these changes so if you made this already, please, please try it again with these changes!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yes, I'd like to see your meal planning guide, please! :)