May 11, 2010

Weekend Updates

The past two weekends have been pretty exciting around the Falbo household. The first weekend in May brought Mom, Dad and Amy to our house so Dad and Joe could do some work while the ladies bummed around.

The boys cut down the icky pear tree in the backyard and then replaced some pipes and the spicket to the hose outside (is that what it's called??). Oh, and put in a new wash tub in the basement. I know - super exciting.

Us ladies ended up driving all over the cities to run errands and shop. It was a lot more exciting than what the guys were up too. We finished the evening at the 5-8 and then vegged on the couch watching a movie - or should I say mom and I watched while Joe, Dad and Amy all snored away.

Mom, Dad and Amy left early Sunday and Joe went to work which left me alone so I decided to weed the flower beds - silly I know.

This past weekend Joe and I headed to Babies R Us on Friday to start registering for the baby. I'm pretty sure we were there for about 2 hours - it was fun but overwhelming. Sunday brought more yard work and Joe ended up cutting down the two other trees that he and dad didn't get too the weekend before. I was a little nervous with him cutting the tree by the driveway down but Joe did a great job. I haven't taken pictures of the "after" yet (or the big brush pile) but that is on my agenda for tomorrow when the rain goes away (hopefully).

This weekend is Woodbury garage sale weekend. Joe and I both took off work this Friday to hunt down good deals for the baby. Keep your fingers crossed that we find some good deals!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Brooke, next time you are home, come rummaging at my house. Seroiusly, I have tons of stuff looking for some loving from a new little baby! Would love for you to have it. Crib, highchair, BabyBjorn, Pump, SnuggleMe carseat cover, bassinett, pack-n-play, Boppie.

Rebecca said...

Did I hear you are having a boy? YAY!

Brooke said...

Rebecca - yes ma'am - you are correct. I will be posting that later today with some pics. Congrats on your new little one.

Jenny - I will be emailing you...