February 12, 2009

On My Nightstand

I haven't gotten very far in Letters from a Skeptic. I was excited about this book at first but after reading the first few pages...not so much anymore. I think my problem is that the book is a little "fluffy."

I mean, you don't go from being an Atheist to a Christian over the course of 3 years through only letters. I mean there must have been some late night phone calls debating the issues that were brought up, why not add those. Instead it is just page after page of letters that are really sweet sounding - it's fluffy.

Ok - so back to my original point of this post. I haven't gotten in to the book, I needed a break. A friend recommended that I read My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler. It's a book about her one night stands. Yep, that's it. No fluff here. It's Sex and the City on crack - and I am enjoying every single page! I'm half way through the book and can't wait to finish it tonight.

No comments: