June 16, 2013

Mama and Taye's week of fun....or not

So I'm back again...I'm making it a priority to keep the blog updated regularly so if nothing else we have a place that documents life as it happens.

Back in February our daycare provider took a week off so I did the same. Taye and I were going to have fun and have play dates but life had other ideas. Like I would get the worst cold known to man which would make me lose my voice. Has anyone parented a 2 year old with no voice? Yeah - he knew he had me :)

Monday we had snow and ice so we bundled up and went outside to shovel. I noticed some black smoke and thought it was the road behind ours. Nope - neighbors house down the way had a car fire. I felt so horrible for them but Taye got to watch the firetrucks and they even honked and waved at him so he felt special. And this I'm assuming is where the cold started.

Tuesday was a trip to Walmart so he could walk up and down the toy aisles and I could lean on the cart because kiddo needed to burn energy. Wednesday I felt better so we headed to the Mall of America to see the Sea Life aquarium. Not worth the money at all once he stops being free...not at all. When we got home from that, I lost my voice and the rest of the week is hazy...Taye was a champ though and took great naps so I could too!

Here are some pictures from the aquarium at MOA - seriously though, unless you have super, cheap tickets, find a real aquarium.




 
And so it begins!




1 comment:

sal said...

cute pics ~~ L O V E that mama is back to posting on her blog!!!!!!
loves, nana