June 9, 2012

Memorial weekend fun

For the past couple years we've headed to ET for Memorial weekend. We arrived in town late Thursday night and in true Nana and Papa fashion, they had all of Mateo's out and ready to go. Needless to say it was a late night because Mateo HAD to make sure all his toys were accounted for.

This year marked Amy and some others having a garage sale at Nana and Papa's. ET holds a city-wide (read 'village' for city) every memorial weekend so while Amy was busy selling, Joe and I were busy shopping. We actually didn't have as much luck as last year but that was ok considering Mateo didn't really need anything.

Nana got to spend some time with her boys (Mateo and Cash) and was in heaven. I was left alone with both boys for 5 minutes and my son saw the weakness and took full advantage. Needless to say there will be no baby #2 until Mateo either a) learns to listen (I know, I know - stop laughing) or b) get a couple years older.

Saturday we walked to the square for the brat burger thingy (the correct term is escaping me right now) and ate and listened to some music. We stoped by Uncle Mike and Aunt Ginger's on the way back and then hung out at nana and papa's the rest of the night.

Sunday we headed back to MN. It was a quick few days and I got a lot of Cash time, but not a lot of sister time so that can only mean one thing. Mateo and I will be headed back to ET in late July. And because I have the cutest boy and nephew in the world...here are some pictures of the weekend!


Yeah - Mateo's a weasel - poor Cash!

Ahh yes, that is my son!

Eating with big boys

The most handsomest nephew in the world!

2 comments:

nana said...

yeah brooke you're back posting ~ we did have a great time ~ can't wait for july: "sister time" = nana gets her "boys time" LOVE IT!

Amy said...

We should have had a pic of me & Taye sharing that pickle! lol! We had a great time! Can't wait for JULY! WOOT-WOOT!