June 19, 2012

The MN Zoo

On Memorial Day Joe and I took Mateo to the MN Zoo because we were given free passes by some friends so we thought why not.

When I first moved to MN nine years ago, I went with Aunt Susie, Uncle Scott, Josh and Sammie and it was ok. Now, granted, I grew up going to the Milwaukee County Zoo which ranks right up there with the San Diego Zoo in my opinion so I have high standards.

So, what has changed in 9 years at the MN Zoo? Not much. My biggest issue is that you can barely see the animals and they have one animal - seriously - like a lion, a bear - it's just not worth the money in my opinion. I'd rather go to Como Zoo in St Paul (which is the "free zoo" - they ask for a donation - like $2 or something really small) now that is the place to go.

The highlight of the Zoo was the Dinosaur exhibit that we made an extra $8 to see - that made the whole experience. And do you know how cool my kid is? While the 4 and 5 year old boys were screaming and crying about the dinosaurs, my little guy would roar right back - it was beyond cute. So, here is our day in pictures.

See? 1 bear...

Digging for bones

1 warthog

1 cheetah...the animals are so lonely!





Had Mateo not pointed out the "baaaybbbiees"
we would have missed them



1 tiger


I'm glad we had the free passes because from now on, we'll stick with Como Zoo or the Milwaukee County Zoo when have WI visits.

1 comment:

Amy said...

He's a smart little dude! The dino exhibit is at the Milwaukee Zoo, too! :)

Hmmm...July?!