June 29, 2010

26 weeks

I can't believe that I am already at 26 weeks - the time has flown by! I had my glucose test yesterday (which I was really nervous about passing for some reason) but I did. I got to drink the "orange" flavored drink which for the first two sips tasted like an orange freeze pop. I thought this isn't so bad, I can drink this. Well, a few more sips later and I was dreading that I still had half of the thing to drink. By the time I got to the end, I wanted to puke. UGH! So glad that I passed and don't have to go through the 3 hour test.


I had the appt with the midwife while waiting the hour and apparently I am measuring "big." I measured just a smidge big last appt but that midwife (the regular one that I had been seeing) said it wasn't that much bigger and no worries. This midwife said I was measuring about 5 cm bigger (I think cm is right...) and that it isn't a big deal BUT if I still measure big next time, they will probably want to do another ultrasound. I made my next appt with the midwife that I normally see because I can't help but wonder if being seen by different people could be the reason as they may measure differently...I don't know. When I had the ultrasound in May, I was measuring right on so who knows. Just keep your fingers crossed that I measure "normal" (and I use that term loosely) for the next appt and I don't have to have another ultrasound (that would be 5!).

Anyway, here are some pictures of me from the weekend. It was Joe's birthday last Friday and we had a wedding in Green Bay on Saturday so we went up a day early and toured Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame...more on that in another post.




4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I took the Lambeau tour and saw the Hall of Fame last year when I was in Green Bay. It's totally fun, isn't it! I hate to say that since I officially hate the Packers. Oh well.

You look beautiful, by the way.

Brooke said...

I told Joe that he was not allowed to spit on the field and he told me he'd promise not too as Lambeau is "scared" ground. There was another couple from MN and Joe and that couple got razzed a few times but the Bear fans were by far the most picked on by the tour guide.

Chelle said...

Look at your cute little baby belly!

I want to say right off that I am sorry this is the first time I am commenting on your blog. I know you've commented on mine a few times, and I had ever intention of returning the love. I actually stopped by at one point, but wasn't signed in and was at work, so I thought I'd come back and comment later. Long story short, I'm here now!

26 weeks, you're in the sweet part of pregnancy. The part where you feel great, and you feel great movement. The latter is the best.

It is great that you were able to do something your husband liked so much (I'm referring to your more recent post above too). Too funny that you got razzed. Glad you had a great weekend.

I hope you have a great rest of this week too, and I hope your next appointment goes better as far as measurements.

Shan said...

You look beautiful! I'm, like you, wondering how people don't eventually just *know*, LOL.

I had the orange drink with my son's pregnancy (a lifetime ago). I figured it was my best option since I'm not a soda drinker. I failed it that time and had to do the big one (guh!). With Mad and Fynn I've had the "lemon lime" glucose drink. I was afraid it'd taste like Alka-Seltzer, but it wasn't that bad (chugging, however, is *not* advised, lol).