January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

We rang in 2010 with some fabulous friends by having a party which included lots of eating, drinking and bowling...on the wii.

Like last year, Joe and I once again hosted a few friends and I made the best Venetian Sunsets EVER. Anna and I were at the Olive Garden a couple months ago and after ordering a couple drinks, we decided that is what we should have for New Year's. So, I played bartender most of the night and could now, confidently get a job bartending at Olive Garden should the need arise.

After some eating and drinking and hearing the adventures Toddie encountered in Costa Rica, it was decided we should play the wii and play we did, after we made mii's of everyone first.

Unlike last year, we were well aware of the time and stopped playing to watch the ball drop and scream Happy New Year. I honestly have no idea where the time went as all of a sudden it seemed to be 3 am and people were still at our house. By 4 am (yes folks - 4 AM!!) everyone finally left and by the time I crawled into bed it was 4:30 am. Needless to say New Year's Day was shot but we had a blast.

By the way, for all of you ET partiers (ahem Amy, Luke and your friends - yeah, I'm talking to you) we obviously need to bring the party to ET next year if for no other reason than to show you youngins how to ring in the new year right. 2:30 am - we are soo disappointed in you!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Seriously, we didn't leave until 3:30am - it was such a blast! Thanks again for hosting!

BTW, I've decided I need to take another crack at swordplay...

Brooke said...

HAHA! In regards to swordpaly: Anytime my dear, anytime!!