May 24, 2009

Friday, 5/22: Take me out to the ballgame

Before the big game, the four of us went to Hubert's which is right across from the Metrodome and gets really packed before and after Twins games. We got there at the perfect time and had a couple beers and some appetizers.

Joe and I at Hubert's

Amy and Luke at Hubert's

We walked across the street and walked around the Metrodome and did this:

Joe


Amy


Me


Luke
We got to our seats probably about 5:30ish (the game wasn't until 7 - I know, super early) but Amy and Luke wanted to watch the Brew Crew's batting practice. Our seats were in the outfield but still pretty good - Amy and Luke went down a few rows to try and catch a ball. I was taking pics with Amy's camera and the next thing I know, a ball is coming at my head, Joe drops our camera to try to catch the ball, the kid next to Joe sticks his glove in front and the ball bounces off of the glove and a few rows down. I think my heart stopped beating and I didn't breathe for those five seconds that seemed like five hours.

Amy and Luke


Amy and Luke trying to catch balls at BP
Amy and I

Bernie and TC

We had enough of batting practice so we walked around the whole Metrodome to show Luke, the boys got some brats and then it was back to our seats for the start of the game which went downhill from there.

I was super excited and thought this was going to be a great game - however very early on the Twins took a commanding lead and the Brew Crew couldn't recover. I even caught myself cheering for the Brew Crew because I just wanted them to get back in the game. We left in the 7th because Amy and Luke just couldn't take it anymore. The final score you ask? Twins 11, Brewers 3. Ouch!

Brewer outfielders praying for a miracle

1 comment:

Aunt Lori and Uncle Artie said...

Brooke--
Be careful at the ball park! Looks like you guys had fun. Uncle Artie would have pushed that kid right out of the way to catch that ball so it wouldn't even come close to you.

Love
Aunt Lori