December 30, 2010

Nicknames

This is the growing list of nicknames we have for Mateo. I realize it's not a very exciting post but since we have yet to buy a baby book for him, I need to write them down somewhere so I can embarrass him when he's older.

Tay
Tay Tay
Tater Tot
Tater
Baby Bo or Little Bo
Taylicious
Bolicious
Baby Matateo (thanks to my mom's boss' 3 yr old)
Houdini (when he manages to get out of his swaddle
Mr Magoo or just Magoo
Little Man
Chunky Monkey/Chunky Cheeks
Sir Stinksalot or Sir Poopsalot (only when we're changing him)

I don't think I'm forgetting any...

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love it! For the first few months we called Noah Peanut- quickly shorted to 'nut. I didn't think anything of it until the 4 month checkup the dr asked if he reponds to his name and I said yes, so she said "Noah" a few times and he just sat there. I guiltily told her I do call him Peanut alot so with a raised eyebrow she said "Peanut" and he whipped his head around and looked at her. Opps! She laughingly said we may want to work on that. LOL!

Amy said...

Tay-J! :) Brooke, you should at least put a picture up of that handsome little boy. That's two posts in a row without a pic! :( I will expect to see one asap :)

Shan said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone in having a list of names for the kids. I honestly don't understand people who have one completely sensible nickname.

Brooke said...

Cheryl - That is hilarious!! I've now started to try calling him Mateo but it just doesn't work. I'm going to have to bring this list along to the dr for his 4 month appt just in case :)

Shan - Whew, glad we're in the same boat! I had a million nicknames for my sis when she was little and still call her those names instead of "Amy." I would love to hear the names you have for Fynn and Mad.

Amy - there is a post of pictures coming soon.