November 5, 2010

If it's not one thing...

Ok - I'm being super whiny right now but I really don't care. Mateo's bum is still super awful despite using calmoseptine and changing brands. Today I noticed white stuff in his mouth and I briefly remembered thrush from one of the baby books I had read.

So I look it up and low and behold thrush can also cause a super bad diaper rash. Joe tries to hold Mateo so I can try to "wipe" the white stuff in his mouth to see if it comes off easily (a sign it is NOT thrush). Well Mateo was having none of it and to the doctor we went.

Yes, my baby now has thrush and we are to start the drops tomorrow. The doc swabbed his mouth with some stuff that lasts 24 hrs hence why we start tomorrow. He also gave us some other stuff to help with the diaper rash. On the plus side, he saw that we were using Nutragimen (this is a different doc since our ped is out of town) and gave us two more cans since "it's pretty expensive in the store."

This marks his 4 week birthday and we've been to the doctor for the past four weeks. Hopefully we can start not visiting the doctor every week from now on...please, please, please.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Oh, no fun. Poor baby. Poor parents. At least you're on your way to a solution. And what a generous doc! Love that guy!

Happy four weeks, Baby Mateo!

Rebecca said...

The year after Frank was born Andrew or I missed one day of work each week due to kid sickies. We had hospital stays with Bel and Frank when they were a few months old. Your doctor may become like family you see him/her so often.

Thankfully Walter has been healthy and so have the big ones, so we've avoided that this time around.