September 18, 2010

Today I should be...

Getting my hair done
Helping Kari get into her dress
Calming Kari down
Wearing a fabulous strapless brown dress
Getting ready for pictures
Calming Kari down
Trying not cry
Calming Kari down
Getting ready to walk down the aisle
Trying not to cry as Kari and her dad walk down the aisle
Giving a toast to Kari and Bryan at their reception

Instead...

I'm sitting here hating the fact that I live five hours away, am 2 weeks from my due date and had to miss out on my best friend's wedding day. If only I was still living in WI so I could be there for their special day.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, Brooke. I am so sorry. I know how you feel. I missed my best friend's wedding because I was living world away at the time. It was a hard day. I called her, and we cried. It sucks. I'm thinking of you.

Jenny said...

Ugh! Hang in there. Baby Bo is worth it!

Kari and Bryan said...

You were there with me in spirit! Thanks for thinking of me! I love you to pieces.

Shan said...

Here I am, slow to comment again... I just wanted to say that it won't always be like this. Ahem... not saying your friend will be getting married or again, but there will be more memories to share. Only you'll have your beloved son with you, too. I hope you are doing well.