December 15, 2009

The Great Thanksgiving Jewelry Showdown

Joe and I were in ET for Thanksgiving this year and as usual, went shopping on Black Friday. One of the stores mom, Amy and I hit was Target, which was having a pretty good sale on a jewelry stand. Since the spring I have collected my fair share of jewels thanks to my fabulous friend April who started selling Premiere Jewelry.

And, thanks to my fabulous mom, she bought these jewelry stands for Amy and I as our christmas presents. Once back to mom and dad's we joked that we should time Joe and Luke and see who can put the stand together first.

Well, when we got back to MN, I called up Amy on that Sunday afternoon and said "Joe's ready if Luke is."

The rules were simple, the first one to finish and have it work, won. So Amy and I were on the phone and yelled "on your mark, get set, go!" Joe said to me, "Luke is using a power drill right?" To which I said "DUH. Of course. Why would you use just a screwdriver?"

About the same time Luke told Amy "You should call Brooke back and say no power tools." To which Amy replied, "Luke, they won't use power tools."

Well, I called Amy first to say we won and she said she was just getting ready to dial the phone. Then she said Joe just used a screwdriver right? Umm...nope. So needless to say, had Luke used a power drill or Joe a screwdriver, we're pretty sure Luke would have won.



























2 comments:

Jenny said...

H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s!

Brooke said...

I know!! Luke was soooo not happy!! Seriously though, if Joe would have put it together with a screw driver, Luke totally would have won!