October 6, 2009

Sausage Squares

I made this over the weekend and it's super good. I am already thinking of things I could add next time I make it such as mushrooms and some salsa.


Ingredients:
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
1 lb bulk pork sausage
1/4 c chopped onion
5 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 c milk
2 tbsp chopped pepper (green, red, yellow, whatever)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 cup shredded cheese (again, whatever you got)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescent rolls onto the bottom of a 9x13 greased pan, sealing seams/perforations. Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes or until it starts to brown.

In large skillet, cook sausage and onion. Add peppers. Drain. *If I use salsa next time, this is where I would add it.

In small bowl, combine eggs, milk, oregano, pepper and garlic salt. Pour over the crust. Add sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs are cooked.


No comments: