August 18, 2009

Really??

I'm sure by now you've all heard that Mr. Favre will be gracing Minnesotans with his presence as the fearless leader of our (Joe's) Minnesota Vikings.

I'm a little irritated with this and Brett has definitely fallen from grace in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I loved him in the green 'n gold and even in the green 'n white last year. However, I have an issue with how he became purple 'n gold.

Yes, I was not at all thrilled when he "retired" from the Packers to then turn around and sign with the Jets. Was it all Brett's fault? Did the suits in the Packer organization force Brett out? Who knows. But last year's constant will he/won't as far as his retirement was concerned really pissed me off (sorry mom). But hey, he went to the Jets, I cheered and all was well. That is until he "retired" again.

And then the rumors swirled in the Land of 10,000 Lakes (ponds is more like it) that Mr. Favre would wear purple 'n gold. For months that was all anyone talked about until the end of July when it became official, Brett would stay "retired" or at least until training camp was over.

So, for 12 million dollars, we get to put up with Brett for a year until he decides to "retire" at the end of this season. The lines have been drawn and on one side stand Viking fans that say "good riddance" to Brett and on the other side stand Viking fans welcoming their long lost son.
I'm smack dab in the middle. At this point, I could take 'em or leave 'em.

Will I cheer for the Vikings? After being here 6 years, yes, but not because Brett is the QB. I was actually looking forward to watching what Sage could do. That's the guy I feel the worst for.

Will I still be cheering for the Pack? You bet your ass! And on game day when it's Vikings vs. Packers, you bet your ass I'll be cheering green 'n gold all the way.

Oh and to the Viking fans who think I'm "scorned" by Brett's "betrayal," good luck this season. And if by chance the Vikings do make it to the Superbowl and win (because you know that's what the team and fans think will happen), savor it because it won't be the Vikings that win the Superbowl, it will be Brett. And frankly, if the Vikings are going to win a Superbowl, I'd prefer it they win it on their own, without Brett.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Stick to your guns Girl!

sal said...

my dear brooke ~~ at least joe & i & your dad (oh & by the way one more unnamed person whom i will not name as to who she or he is ~ as that is privileged information)will be rooting for brett !!! he is great to watch & remember last year i was the "jetpack" fan :) :) :) :)i just do not want him to get hurt but will be enjoying him play as long as he can whereever he goes :) :) :) :)he is a player to watch just for the pure enjoyment he has to play &(of course, that is "only" my opinion but, i am stickin' to it) lol lol my dear brooke, just please bear with me & joe this season :) :) :) :) :) love ya lots xoxoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

Brooke. I am glad that Bret is playing again, But not the Vikings(YUCK). I will not cheer for the Vikings but I will pull for Bret. Ted Thompson (our lousy G.M.)did not like Bret from the get go. I think if Bret wanted to come back to the Packers he should have been able,too. I personally think he is going to get hurt. Everyone knows that if you blitz him and hit him he will get rattled. Green Bay will send the whole team after him. Bret will definitely make the Vikings are better team (If he stays healthy), but they still have Brad Childress as a head coach & until they get rid of him Minnesota will not win a super-bowl. GO PACKERS !!!