August 5, 2009

It's raining, It's pouring...Gifts!!

Joe and I arrived in ET Thursday night (7/23) for the big event, Amy's (and Luke's) bridal shower and I don't think I've been that busy and/or tired since my wedding.

Friday, July 24
Dad, Joe, Amy, Mom and I cruised all over Brookfield for who knows what and to get fitted for their tuxes. We stopped for lunch and then it was on to grocery shopping for the party.

Joe and Dad took the grocery list and started while Mom ordered the pizza (for dinner) and A
my and I cruised to look at hair accessories for the wedding - gotta love Super Wal-Mart. We met Joe and Dad back in the grocery part and finished up and headed home.

Mom, Amy and I left to see Grandma Lu while Dad and Joe prepped for the salads as in chopping, chopping and more chopping.

Saturday, July 25th
Started early and brought 2 car loads over to The Heritage by 9 AM. Joe, Dad and Luke made the fruit/veggie pizzas, salads, meatballs, you name it, they made it. Mom and Amy took off to get the buns, balloons and cake while I hung out with Gram.

The guests started arriving at noon and by 12:30 people were eating and Amy was introducing everyone. The first game we played was "How well do you know Amy" (thanks Danielle). Jayme and I teamed up and had the most answers although since we did it together, we didn't count us as winning. I think the winner had 3 questions right. Evidently Amy is quiet mysterious...

The second game we played was Truth and Tear (thanks Jayme). Everyone had to tear off as much toilet paper as they use in one bathroom visit and then make something wedding related out of it. Amy judged on three categories: Most wedding related, most creative and most unrecognizable.

Well Sara won most creative for her wedding dress, Callie (flower girl and A&L's niece) won most wedding related for her basket of flowers (if anyone has a pic, please send to me!!). She also demonstrated it and she did a fabulous job. I can't wait to see her in action again in Sept. And finally, most unrecognizable was went to Deanna!! I was super impressed with all of the things created and I wouldn't have thought of half of what people came up with.

During the gift opening we played BINGO (fill out a card with what presents you think they'll get) and ohh'd and ahh'd over the gifts. Amy got a ton of great stuff and she couldn't wait to use it all.

The bride-to-be


The cake

Most creative

Gift from Danielle
Dad, Joe and Luke meanwhile were at the Sportsman Club shooting things. The guys came back to help clean up and take things home and Joe told me how he is planning to go hunting with Dad and Luke this fall/winter. I'm sorry...come again?
Saturday we hung out by the fire and Luke and Dad made smore's while Joe, Mom, Amy and I ate them. It was just nice and relaxing.
Sunday, July 26
Dad made burgers for breakfast and then it was back to MN. Joe conveniently forgot his wallet in MN which meant I had to drive both ways - ugh. We got back around 1:30ish and vegged out the rest of the day. I didn't unpack until Thursday, yes Thursday.

1 comment:

sal said...

thanks for all your help you kids ~~~by, the way if you guys lived down here..................we'd get to have a bonfire every weekend :) :) :) love ya guys