July 7, 2009

Taste of Minnesota and the fourth

Every year over the fourth of July is the Taste of Minnesota. It's a festival with fair food and cheap concerts. We've gone in the past and saw Sly and the Family Stone, Alice Cooper and Soul Asylum.

This year we went with Chet and Anji to see White Snake and Judas Priest. Yikes is the best I can say about it. Going in, I knew that I would be in for a surprise as I only knew one song by White Snake (I was hoping I would know more but nope, I didn't).

I did a lot of people watching while Anji was jamming out and holy smokes the outfits that were worn by some of the women - Glamour don'ts would have been all over it! If you want specifics, email me!!

Saturday was spent lounging around the house. We went to Sears and looked at freezers and then went to Kowalski's which is a gorgeous upscale grocery store (upscale by my standards) to buy food for lunch. Joe grilled and then we watched Friday the 13th (I had nightmares Sunday night) and Gran Torino.

Then it was over to Ray's to help him (Joe helped him) move some furniture. After that we went to Travis' to watch the fireworks. Travis and his neighbors set them off every year and it was great, although my heart did stop a couple times when it looked like the tree might start on fire.

Sunday Joe had to work a little bit and then it was off to Sears to buy the freezer we looked at on Saturday. We're so excited to have one!! After we got home we (Joe) removed this cabinet thing in the basesment to make room for the freezer but we're still not sure if it will fit in that spot. We might have to find a new one.

After that we watched Milk (yes, it was a weekend of movies) and I loved it!! LOVED IT!! It was the story of Harvey Milk and Sean Penn was amazing - he really is a fabulous actor. It was probably one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. And that was our weekend. Not super exciting but that was fine, we'll have plenty of crazy weekends the end of July (Amy's shower), August (Amy's bachelorette party) and September (Amy and Luke's wedding).bb

No comments: