July 30, 2009

July 10-12

Friday, July 10th
Our dvd player decided it didn't want to work anymore. Joe and I drove all over trying to find the dvd player he found online. Did we find it? Nope. So we settled on one at Best Buy, brought it home and it didn't work!

Saturday, July 11th
Saturday and Joe took me to Como Zoo as a pre-birthday celebration. We got there right when it opened so we managed to get a parking space (get there any later and good luck!) and it was a beautiful day. Como Zoo is a free (they ask for a $2 donation per person if you can spare) and it's nice, but small. Here are some of the animals we saw:






That evening Joe took me to Jax Cafe which was fantastic! I think we were there for two hours and had a nice leisurely dinner. The crab stuffed mushrooms were fabulous, Joe's rib eye was fabulous, my scallops were fabulous and the banana split at the end was to die for. Our waitress, Claire, was the best - she reminded me of Joe's Aunt Paige who is super sweet. It was a great evening and it's been a long time since Joe and I had a "date."

10 pounds heavier, we left the restaurant and met Travis and Stephanie at the bowling alley by our house. I totally suck but managed to break 100 twice. I thought maybe my bowling practice on the wii would carry over to real bowling but no such luck.

Sunday, July 12

Happy Birthday to me - I turned 29. I celebrated by relaxing and not doing a darn thing. How did I take 29? Surprisngly well, it didn't bother me. I had a hard time with 25 but 29 - piece of cake. We'll see how next year goes.

No comments: