February 6, 2012

First Blood - and I'm not talking Rambo

Mateo is pure boy (black eye at 10 mo) and he's always running and on the move. That means he trips and falls multiple times a day but usually nothing to big.

However, on Super Bowl Sunday, he was running around like a crazy person and somehow fell into the big speaker. He screamed and I thought he had hit is head. So I grab him and am calming him down and looking at his head. I didn't see a mark and couldn't understand why he was crying so hard. And then I saw it...what is that red stuff!! He had cut his ear.

The next thing I remember is yelling to joe "I need something...blood...I need something." To which he asked what I needed and my reply was "blood...I don't know."

It was kinda comical as I was not expecting to have to deal with that at this age. Guess what else, it's really hard to have a toddler sit still so the ear can stop bleeding...nearly impossible. So, at 14 months old, we have our first incident involving blood...how do I survive the next 18 years??


Ok - so looking at these pictures now, it doesn't look like
 that big of a deal but I promise you it was horrifying