July 20, 2008

Joe is AMAZING

We had this super old heater in our garage - I should actually say ancient - and it hasn't been turned on in like 20 years. Joe called Thursday night and asked if I would help him take it out on Saturday. Well, my first thought was, dear Lord - the garage is going to blow.

I now have a new found respect and admiration for my husband. He got the heater out, and he and the heater are all still in one piece. The piece of wood that the heater was on was rotted so Joe got a new piece and made himself a little work space while pulled up a chair in the garage, had a beer and watched. Well, I didn't watch the whole time, I did help a little - he let me cut a piece of wood with the miter saw and hammer in a nail (hammering in not my strength). Anyway - Joe is becoming quite the carpenter and it looks great.

A big ol' nasty heater used to be in that spot

Joe and his work space
This morning I added some solar lights to the front yard (ones that I bought last year and never did anything with) and I can't wait until tonight to see how they look. I also looked at the flower pot I had planted about a month ago and I can't believe how the flowers have mulitiplied. I guess I do take after my mom's green thumb after all.






Flowers that I planted on 6.28.08

Flowers as of last night (7.19/08)

1 comment:

sal said...

you guys rock ~~ love ya, mom